Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Sunday, 25 September 2011
Wednesday, 14 September 2011
Sharing with you The Minutes of The Security Dialog among Kiara residents organised by BBRA(in briefs).
On 28th August,2011 (Sunday), BBRA organised a Security dialogue among Kiara residents at the Multipurpose Hall of TMO at 3pm. The agenda of the dialogue was - "To collectively discuss and agree on the options for crime prevention based on the recent house break-ins in Kiara and Bandar Botanic as a whole."
At the dialogue, BBRA committee member Mr Melvin took charge and there was a good response among Kiara residents. Many took the oportunity to air their opinions, especially from the crime victims.
BBRA Jacob Thomas arranged mineral waters and collect subscription dues. BBRA Kalai arrange the sound system. Other committee members from other phases were also present.
The reason is in the past BBRA with the help of a BBRA Security Sub-Commuttee Group has finalised a security contract for security provider, but was temporary put on hold because the BBRA have only a total of 450+ members, where the actual residents in BB are more than 3000. Unless and until the residents united and work collectively for their own security around, nobody else is able to help us out. We, the BBRA seeks the residents to change that impression, by joining the BBRA.
Thursday, 8 September 2011
DIARY OF EVENTS
in BANDAR BOTANIC.
DIARY OF EVENTS FOR AUGUST
ACTIONS TAKEN BY BBRA DURING JULY AND AUGUST 2011
1. ILLEGAL FISHING: Lately, our BB park had become crowded with many outside people fishing from the retention pond. We the BBRA have highlighted this issue with TMO (as the pond is still under them) and asked them to get a meeting with MPK and/or JPS to do some kind of enforcement. Currently MPK informed us that they cannot take action on people fishing as the pond is still under TMO. Even these guys are using big net to catch the fish.
2. SMELLY WATER: The retention pond near Angsana - the water is smelly and dirty as a result of no water movement. BBRA had complained to the developer previously. We understand from TMO that they are planning to fix some equipment to get the water moving.
3. TMO PUMPS: As per TMO, the spoiled pumps at different location of the pond are also scheduled to be repaired soon.
4. EXIT ROAD: The direct exit road from BB roundabout to Bukit Tinggi (near Jaya Jusco) is now open. Syabas to TMO for their effort which is now very convenient for our BB residents to go to Bukit Tinggi.
5. WOODEN RAILS: MPK have recently repaired some wooden rails of bridges near Kiara and Jenaris, on requests from BBRA.
6. KIARA SECURITY MEETING: A successful meeting on security was organized for Kiara residents by BBRA at the TMO Town house last Sunday.
Bungo Portluck(5th year): This is the 5th Bungo Portluck scheduled on Sept 24, 2011 evening. Please come and participate.(BBRA would like to do the same for other phases with the help of BBRA Committee members).Appreciate each one of your initiative on this matter.
The Gotong Royong(3rd year): The 3rd Gotong Royong is scheduled on October 2 Sunday early morning. Approval have been obtained from MPK for 2 big bins, one bin will be placed in Bidara for residents to throw the rubbish except construction debris and tree cuttings.
The Gotong Royong (proposing for Cassia later this year by BBRA).
THINGS TO DO
1. TO RESIDENTS: Please check around your neighbors on any sewage problem recently. BBRA is getting many complaints in last few days and we can see the IWK van moving around very frequently. We can notify IWK, if the problem is serious.
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
BBRA Gotong Royong Big Rubbish Bins
Please note that BBRA have arranged with MPK to place big bin in 3 locations covering Kiara, Jenaris and Angsana between September 16 – 18 as part of BBRA Gotong Royong Campaign.Residents can dispose the garden and other waste around except construction waste or debris.
We will let you know the exact location of the Bins in due course. We will also have 3 banners within the next 2-3 days to indicate the whereabout for this purpose.
The Collection Bin Locations are as follow:
Left hand side after Jalan Kiara 11
Junction at Jalan Angsana 6