Friday, 30 December 2011
Sunday, 11 December 2011
Thursday, 17 November 2011
The following is an extract of the email from a Tzu Chi volunteer Mr Jeff Lim, who is also a resident, on Night Recycling activities in Bandar Botanic.
Subject: Night Recycle activities in Jenaris Precinct
Hi, Jacob Mathews, BBRA President.
It is my pleasure to have the telephone-conversation with you on Thursday night, regarding our recycle activities
As per telephone-conversation, let me to recap those items which we plan to for Dec 2011 - Recycle events
First of all, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jeff Lim, the resident of Bandar Botanic - Jenaris Precinct.
Also, I am a volunteer of Taiwan Buddhist Tzu Chi Foundation Malaysia - which is an NGO, monthly routine recycle awareness activities is one of our core activities.
kindly refer to our website http://eng.tzuchi.my/ and some interesting article for your reference
Together with me, we have brother Sun, brother Lim, brother Chew, all of us are resident of botanic
We were started the Night Recycle activities (collection of the recycle items) from April 2011 - 1st Thursday of the Month, Venue is Jenaris Precinct (in between the Kiara and Jenaris field - Beside the TNB electical room)
At December 2011, it will be our 9th month activities and which will be hold at 1st December 2011 (Thursday).
WE would like to take this opportunity to hold a event/activities to bring up the Recycle Awareness to all our Bandar Botanic Resident.
I am seeking some collaboration from BBRA, so that we plan this event in progress.
A) Bring up the Recycle Awareness for our Botanic Resident by inviting me to participle our activities, how we plan to do it
- On 1st Dec 2011 Night Recycle Day. We will prepare some Vegetarian Foods for dinner time and inviting those resident which live near to our recycle point example Houses along Jenaris 1/3 and Kiara 2/4.
- On 1st Dec 2011 Night Recycle Day. We will explain what kinds of resources (plastics, paper, metal ....etc) is being collected by us?
- On 1st Dec 2011 Night Recycle Day. We will encourage all the resident to sorting their recycle items before sending it to us. So it is important that we arrange this "Know-How" Session and share with our all botanic resident.
B) Before the actual day happening (1st Dec 2011), we definitely need to broadcast this activities, via
- Door to door, visiting and inviting our resident especially houses along Jenaris 1/3 and Kiara 2/4 to join us for dinner session - which we had been prepared Vegetarian foods.
Tuesday, 15 November 2011
Please note that there are two crime incidents reported today.
1, In first incident in Jalang Bungor 1, one or two intruders climbed over the fence of a house at 6 am morning and took away the bicycle from the intermediate house. The house owner was awake. A police report being lodged.
2. The second incident just 1 hour before, 2 guys in motor came to a corner semi de house in jln Kiara 13 and took away the tool boxes of the contract workers working there.
Even though it seems to be minor in nature, we the residents have to be alert to prevent these bad guys to come inside our residents area.
Please pass the message to others so that we can be proactive during the upcoming holidays.
Wednesday, 9 November 2011
Friday, 4 November 2011
TM Unifi Carnival.
Tuesday, 1 November 2011
Saturday, 29 October 2011
To see more beautiful pictures of the most beautiful Christian wedding held this month in Bandar Botanic, log on to BBRA FACEBOOK at www.facebook.com/BBRA
Thursday, 20 October 2011
Monday, 17 October 2011
Thursday, 6 October 2011
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
Tuesday, 27 September 2011
Sunday, 25 September 2011
Wednesday, 14 September 2011
Sharing with you The Minutes of The Security Dialog among Kiara residents organised by BBRA(in briefs).
On 28th August,2011 (Sunday), BBRA organised a Security dialogue among Kiara residents at the Multipurpose Hall of TMO at 3pm. The agenda of the dialogue was - "To collectively discuss and agree on the options for crime prevention based on the recent house break-ins in Kiara and Bandar Botanic as a whole."
At the dialogue, BBRA committee member Mr Melvin took charge and there was a good response among Kiara residents. Many took the oportunity to air their opinions, especially from the crime victims.
BBRA Jacob Thomas arranged mineral waters and collect subscription dues. BBRA Kalai arrange the sound system. Other committee members from other phases were also present.
The reason is in the past BBRA with the help of a BBRA Security Sub-Commuttee Group has finalised a security contract for security provider, but was temporary put on hold because the BBRA have only a total of 450+ members, where the actual residents in BB are more than 3000. Unless and until the residents united and work collectively for their own security around, nobody else is able to help us out. We, the BBRA seeks the residents to change that impression, by joining the BBRA.
Thursday, 8 September 2011
DIARY OF EVENTS
in BANDAR BOTANIC.
DIARY OF EVENTS FOR AUGUST
ACTIONS TAKEN BY BBRA DURING JULY AND AUGUST 2011
1. ILLEGAL FISHING: Lately, our BB park had become crowded with many outside people fishing from the retention pond. We the BBRA have highlighted this issue with TMO (as the pond is still under them) and asked them to get a meeting with MPK and/or JPS to do some kind of enforcement. Currently MPK informed us that they cannot take action on people fishing as the pond is still under TMO. Even these guys are using big net to catch the fish.
2. SMELLY WATER: The retention pond near Angsana - the water is smelly and dirty as a result of no water movement. BBRA had complained to the developer previously. We understand from TMO that they are planning to fix some equipment to get the water moving.
3. TMO PUMPS: As per TMO, the spoiled pumps at different location of the pond are also scheduled to be repaired soon.
4. EXIT ROAD: The direct exit road from BB roundabout to Bukit Tinggi (near Jaya Jusco) is now open. Syabas to TMO for their effort which is now very convenient for our BB residents to go to Bukit Tinggi.
5. WOODEN RAILS: MPK have recently repaired some wooden rails of bridges near Kiara and Jenaris, on requests from BBRA.
6. KIARA SECURITY MEETING: A successful meeting on security was organized for Kiara residents by BBRA at the TMO Town house last Sunday.
Bungo Portluck(5th year): This is the 5th Bungo Portluck scheduled on Sept 24, 2011 evening. Please come and participate.(BBRA would like to do the same for other phases with the help of BBRA Committee members).Appreciate each one of your initiative on this matter.
The Gotong Royong(3rd year): The 3rd Gotong Royong is scheduled on October 2 Sunday early morning. Approval have been obtained from MPK for 2 big bins, one bin will be placed in Bidara for residents to throw the rubbish except construction debris and tree cuttings.
The Gotong Royong (proposing for Cassia later this year by BBRA).
THINGS TO DO
1. TO RESIDENTS: Please check around your neighbors on any sewage problem recently. BBRA is getting many complaints in last few days and we can see the IWK van moving around very frequently. We can notify IWK, if the problem is serious.
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
BBRA Gotong Royong Big Rubbish Bins
Please note that BBRA have arranged with MPK to place big bin in 3 locations covering Kiara, Jenaris and Angsana between September 16 – 18 as part of BBRA Gotong Royong Campaign.Residents can dispose the garden and other waste around except construction waste or debris.
We will let you know the exact location of the Bins in due course. We will also have 3 banners within the next 2-3 days to indicate the whereabout for this purpose.
The Collection Bin Locations are as follow:
Left hand side after Jalan Kiara 11
Junction at Jalan Angsana 6
Thursday, 25 August 2011
Bulan ramadhan umat islam berpuasa,
Juahilah kita dari sikap terkeji,
Insyaallah yang esa menyebelahi kita"
Persuatan Bandar Botanic Residents Association
Mengucapkan kepada semua penduduk penduduk Islam Bandar Botanic:
"Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri,
Dengan ingatan tulus ikhlas,
Maaf Zahir Batin"
Saturday, 13 August 2011
"On 10th August,2011, the BBRA had followed up on the Jenaris Kindergartens Issue in a meeting held at the MPK Conference Room, MPK Klang, with representatives from BBRA, representative from residents,new Kindergarten operator, our Ahli Parlimen Klang YB Mr Charles Santiago and our MPK Ahli Majlis Mr Yew Boon Lye .
It was a very fruitful meeting. BBRA and all representatives together with the authorities touched on the longstanding illegal Kindergarten issue in Jenaris in addition to the new Kindergarten in Jenaris.
The MPK Counsillor Mr Yew Boon Lye promised to take up the issue in next MPK board meeting for a firmer action as per the law. It is going be around 3 years since BBRA have highlighted illegal Kindergarten issue in Jenaris.
Referring to the new kindergarten, the building license was approved and issued by MPK as the land was gazetted for Commercial purpose and the Kindergarten falls under 'Commercial' activity. Now BBRA's concentration is how to make the traffic flow and parking around safe and do not pose a danger for Jenaris and other BB residents.
At the meeting, the majority of the participants agreed that a new proposed traffic flow plan for the new building put up by new Kindergarten operator was insufficient. A proposal to engage a traffic consultant to further study and to get an independent and unbiased report on traffic flow was discussed and waiting for confirmation, since cost is involved.
MPK also proposed BBRA and Kindergarten operator to engage in direct dialog to resolved the traffic and parking issues.However BBRA requested MPK to continue facilitate the negotiation before issuing the license for kindergarten activity.
BBRA will keep the BB residents updated time to time.